Wednesday 6 February 2008

And here's one I wish I'd made earlier...

Last night I did my best housewifey bit for Newf and cooked her battered cod, which I then scraped all of the batter off lovingly (with a rather unsettling desire to munch on that and the anaemic looking fish inside, slightly worrying for a strict veggie) and served it with long grain wild american rice (I was unprepared for Newf to be the consumer of such a purchase).

She adored it. I don't think I've ever seen her quite so determined to give herself heartburn by eating so fast.

So last night, I purchased some frozen cod fillets and some less expensive white rice to give her a few tasty meals over the next couple of days.

The only slight issue I am currently facing is the thought of cooking said Newf food this morning.

She is sulking beside me, unsure of what exactly I'm up to, and certainly not impressed with whatever it is as it certainly isn't preparing her breakfast.

I wonder if she'd care for a weetabix with low fat soya milk instead.

3 comments:

MrsG said...

Bring it over here and I'll do it for you!! xx

Fiona said...

If you start liking the smell of animals, it's because your body says you need something in it. I hope you don't but just go with it. x

thewebstress said...

Amy, you may regret offering, I've one hungry doggy here this morning and things aren't improving...!!

Yorkshire Lass, don't worry, I cooked fish the next day for her and thought I was going to be sick, and then the kitchen stunk of fish all day...eugh.